INSTAGRAM

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Hongkong Must-Go-To's

I've got people asking me on formspring to recommend a few places to go to in Hongkong so I finally managed to find time to come up with a short list of must-go-tos in Hongkong! Hope it helps though there are only a few places. Btw this information is just my opinion and thinking. It may be subjective!

1. Australian Diary Co. 


For me, everytime I go to Hongkong, no matter how tired I am from shopping the day before, I will always get up early for this. They're famous for their milk tea, charsiew macaroni, french toast bread. But another thing, the waiters are also famous for their very rude behaviours and the long queues outside. By saying rude behaviours, it would probably be an understatement and I am not kidding about it. Nonetheless, the food is definitely worth all that, or more. 

Location: Jordan, 佐敦白加士街47號地下 
(*sorry, I couldnt find the address in English!)

2. Hui Lau Shan 


Best desert place which is all over Hongkong and a good place to rest for shopping breaks. 
Their specialties include the mango pomelo sago drinks and mango deserts. Must try! 

3. Langham Place


Shops there include H&M, Monki (clothes) and alot more. Btw, H&M in hongkong is alot cheaper than in Singapore. So unfair right? 

Location: Mongkok

4. Harbour City 

Location: Tsim Tsa Tsui 

The shops here include higher end brands such as Zara, Steve Madden, Pedder Red, Balenciaga, Chanel, Prada and more. I can spend the whole day here and not finish walking. Brands such as Zara are cheaper in Hongkong but it also depends on the exchange rate. Another place which is similar to Harbourcity but not on the Kowloon side is IFC Shopping Mall. 

5. Fa Yuen Street 

This is like Temple Street but more of a "fashion" temple street. There are alot of small shops selling clothes and shoes at super cheap and affordable prices! However unlike temple street, you dont need to bargain and cant bargain since prices are already so low. You can even get boots at less than 20SGD if you're lucky! 

Location: Mongkok 

6. Sasa & Bonjour 

Sasa and Bonjour are the shops in hongkong which sells all the makeup and shampoos etc. Singapore has Sasa but the Sasa in hnogkong has a much wider range of products and their prices are much lower. I always restock my favourite dollywink mascara at these places whenever I go to Hongkong. 

7. Forever21

Recently, F21 just opened in Hongkong and the F21 there will make you go crazy. Its 4 levels high and their stock is so much better than Singapore's. The first time I went there, I spent 3000+ HKD. Yes, its THAT crazy. 

Location: Capitol Centre, Jardine's Bazaar, Causeway Bay, Hongkong

8. Times Square

Another shopping mall located on the Hongkong side which is similar to HarbourCity. 

9. Hotels 

For hotels, I usually stay in the Kowloon side and I would recommend Nathan Hotel and Prudential Hotel. They are both located near the MTR stations and very convenient. 

Locations: Along Nathan Road

*the pictures above are googled and do not belong to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment