INSTAGRAM

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

10 October 2012





If i knew where i was going next, 
I wouldn't be taking so many naps,
or reading all these books, 
trying to divine my future 
in pillow cases
and stitched book bindings,
lost in the small decisions of each day,
only a little bit numb

I am the inevitable wanderer,
the girls who always says goodbye,
but never knows how to leave. 

(p.s. but on second thoughts, who are the ones who definitely know what they want in life at this crazy age, in our ever changing world, right?) 
--------
I can confidently say i've truly had the whole land down under experience, which includes dialling for an ambulance. 

I have never ever dialled 999 back in singapore and I never would have thought I would have the opportunity to do that until I came here. Surprise, surprise. Other than the fact that the emergency hotline here is 000. 

I woke up that morning and heard this crack near my neck and I just knew uh-oh, this is bad. The pain started getting worse from the neck to the shoulders and was kinda unbearable. I tried getting up and couldn't stand up not to mention walk. I was literally paralysed other than my hands and it was getting so painful till I could cry. So I tried calling the nearby clinic which did not had a doctor available for house-call. I really had no choice to call 000 which was what the clinic suggested and it took 45 minutes for the paramedics to arrive okay. 45 minutes, if its was those life and death situation, the person would probably be in heaven waiting for the paramedics instead (sorry, i really should stop complaining).

While lying in bed, I was imaging how it would be like to sit in an ambulance cause I had never been in one before and if i could have extension for my assignment deadline which was due the next day. Trust me to think of that at such a point right?? I began whatsapping my friends since I could move my hands freely... Then the paramedics came and told me that its just that my muscles had locked and I could just take some medicine and get a heat pack without going to the hospital. So in the end, I never got to sit the ambulance and of course no assignment deadline extension ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment